Abstract Submission for 2013 is now closed
Abstracts that are accepted by the TOS Program Committee may be added to the program either as oral or poster presentations.
The Obesity Society arranges its scientific and educational program into six thematic tracks:
- Track 1: Metabolism and Integrative Physiology
- Track 2: Neuroscience
- Track 3: Intervention and Clinical Studies
- Track 4: Population Health
- Track 5: Clinical and Professional Practice
- Track 6: Policy
New for 2013
Submitters will see as new section in the abstract submission site, as compared to the 2012 and 2011 submission sites! A new awards section has been added for 2013. In this section, students, post docs, and trainees will find information regarding the Ethan Sims Young Investigator Award, Pat Simons Travel Grants, and new additional opportunities for abstract recognition that will be sponsored by TOS sections. View the TOS Awards and Grants
2013 TOS Late-Breaking Abstract Submissions
Late-breaking abstracts present new and high-impact research for which results were not available at the standard abstract deadline. Late-breaking abstracts addressing basic, clinical or population research can be submitted and will be reviewed by each track.
- August 15, 2013: Late-breaking abstract Submission Site Opens
- September 7, 2013: Late-breaking abstract Submission Site Closes
All submissions will be reviewed by the TOS Program Committee and only those that are judged to be high impact will be chosen for presentation. Late-breaking abstracts may be selected for either oral or poster presentation.
Abstract submission for 2013 is now closed
Selected presenters will have five opportunities for presentation:
- Scientific Session: The Scientific Sessions incorporates the wide range of disciplines involved in bariatric surgery with oral papers and discussions from the floor.
- Video Session: The Video Session will include various bariatric surgery procedures.
- Poster Session:Posters will be presented in a “grand rounds” format and will be on display in the Exhibit Hall.
- Integrated Health Session:The Integrated Health Session covers a variety of topics related to the overall care of the bariatric surgery patient involving the entire multidisciplinary team.
- Behavioral Health Session: The Behavioral Health Session covers a variety of topics related to the pre- and post-operative psychological care of the bariatric surgery patient.