Atlanta, Georgia is modern city with a rich, passionate history. The city is packed with historic attractions, outdoor adventures and award-winning activities year-round. From the exclusive opportunity to swim with whale sharks at the world-renowned Georgia Aquarium to the fascinating history at the World of Coca-Cola, you won’t want to miss out on what the city has to offer. Find out more about fun activities, spectacular events, and award-winning restaurants at the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau at www.Altanta.net.
- Georgia World Congress Center
- 285 Andrew Young International Blvd., NW
- Atlanta, Georgia 30313-1591
- Phone: (404) 223-4000
- A headquarter hotel has been identified for each Society:
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis (ASMBS headquarter hotel)
- Omni Hotel at CNN Center (TOS headquarter hotel)
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Housing has Closed
- As of Oct. 28, housing has closed for ObesityWeek 2013. All general attendees and exhibitors should contact their hotel of choice for changes, cancellations, or additions. Contact information for each hotel is below:
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis: (401) 521-0000
- Omni Hotel at CNN Center: (404) 659-0000
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta: (404) 577-1234
All housing reservations must be made through the attendee registration page.
Atlanta International Airport
6000 North Terminal Parkway Suite 4000
Atlanta, GA 30320
Physicians, researchers, surgeons and other healthcare professionals from around the world are invited to attend Obesity Week. Foreign nationals from some countries must obtain a temporary travel visa (B-1) in order to attend this meeting. This is normally done through the US Embassy or Consulate in their host country.
Meeting attendees should visit the US Department of State Business Visa Center for detailed instructions on visa application procedures.
Note: Visa applicants are advised to apply as soon as they decide to travel to the United States. Depending on the country of origin, it may take 3 to 4 months to process visa applications.
International Attendee Letter of Invitation
To assist foreign visitors in obtaining visas, Obesity Week has registered this conference with the Department of State. A letter of invitation for international delegates and additional information on obtaining a US visa is available below. A copy of the letter of invitation, along with copies of meeting registration and hotel reservation confirmations, will help to speed up the visa application and approval process.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellation and refund requests must be submitted in writing and postmarked one month prior to the start of the meeting (October 11, 2013). Refunds requested on or before October 11, 2013 will be granted minus a $50 administrative fee. Refunds received after this date will not be honored.
If you need to cancel or receive a refund, please contact Customer Service
- U.S. toll free: 800-974-3084
- International registrants: 847-996-5876
- E-mail Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration fees include entrance into the registered sessions and obtaining the appropriate educational certifications. Lunch and refreshment breaks are provided each day. Materials, other than the meeting final program book, are not included.