TOS Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this meeting, attendees will be able to:
- Apply the latest research findings on the molecular and hormonal pathways that regulate nutrient metabolism in obese patients and influence disease.
- Identify the neuronal basis of satiety and energy utilization that influence body weight during weight gain and weight loss.
- Implement our understanding of how obesity impacts the treatment and risk for diseases such as cancer in the clinical setting.
- Interpret the latest research and methodologies into strategies that will shape our study of obesity prevalence.
- Understand the latest guidelines for obesity treatment and the new methods to improve clinical practice and improve patient care.
Accreditation and Continuing Education Credit
The Obesity Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Obesity Society designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 21.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
International Physicians are formally eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
AAPA accepts Category 1 Credit from AOACCME, Prescribed credit from AAFP, and AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for the PRA from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Registered Dietitians may earn a maximum of 19.00 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) units toward recertification as part of their individualized Professional Development Portfolio program. Each dietitian should record the actual time he/she spent in these activities in their Step 4—Learning Activities Log.
Satisfactory Completion for Credits
All attendees must complete a course attendance/evaluation form online. Each session claimed for credit must be attended in its entirety.
TOS Annual Program Committee
- Alison E. Field, ScD, FTOS, Chair
- Timothy H. Moran, PhD, FTOS, Co-Chair
- Sean H. Adams, PhD
- Suzanne M. Appleyard, PhD
- Jamy Ard, MD
- Janne Boone-Heinonen, PhD, MPH
- Britt M. Burton-Freeman, PhD
- Lawrence J. Cheskin, MD, FACP, FTOS
- Jennifer Fisher, PhD
- Simone A. French, PhD, FTOS
- Kenneth Fujioka, MD, FTOS
- Bret H. Goodpaster, PhD
- Mary-Ellen Harper, PhD, FTOS
- Matthew R. Hayes, PhD
- Frank Hu, MD, PhD
- Terry T. Huang, PhD, FTOS
- Linda Kollar, RN, CNP
- Corby Martin, PhD
- Carol Motycka, PharmD
- Elizabeth J. Parks, PhD, FTOS
- David Sarwer, PhD, FTOS
- Meghan M. Slining, PhD, MPH
- Elsie M. Taveras, MD
- Andre Tchernof, PhD, FTOS
- Alan G. Watts, PhD
- Jeffrey Zigman, MD, PhD